Now Playing: Bronx Head Huggers - Guidelines
Head Huggers Guidelines
- Purpose - To provide free knitted, crocheted, soft fabric hats for those how have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, brain surgery or any other illness.
- Criteria for Hats
- Hats must be hand made
- Hats must be new
- Hats should be washable. Wool is okay but not preferred because not only are many people allergic but wool tends to be less soft than acrylics
- Any regular pattern may be used
- Softer yarns (such as cotton) are more comfortable
- Thinner, seamless, non-lumpy caps are good for sleeping
- Hats made with thinner yarn would be better for warm weather use
- Hat Submission
- When donating hats, please provide the name, address, phone number and email address of the person who made the hat. This is to maintain a doner list. This information will remain confidential and will not be shared with anyone.
- Please provide a name (or nickname) to put on the label that will be attached to each hat
- Please include fiber content and, if available, laundering instructions
- Once your hat is received, a tag will be attached and it will be delivered directly to the nurses who are involved with the patients who have lost their hair.
- If you are interested in sending hats for donation, please contact me at email@example.com